Clicking on Home

Ape09090Ape09090 Posts: 2,744Member
edited September 2016 in Community Feedback
Clicking on Home used to show me a list of new topics/subjects/posts etc but it seems to have disappeared,am I missing something?

Comments

• JockoJocko Posts: 7,107Member, Moderator

There is a Latest Post tab at the top, two right of home.  Don't use it much myself.  I just check the forum list.

• Richards GuitarsRichards Guitars Posts: 589Member, Administrator
    Originally Posted by Ape09090:

Clicking on Home used to show me a list of new topics/subjects/posts etc but it seems to have disappeared,am I missing something?

Hi

I have been updating the site daily to shape it in a way that is friendly to new users and current users.

The front page now gives you glimpses of various features of the site to show at a glance what is going on generally - to encourage people to get involved.

New topics subjects and posts can be accessed in different ways but if I have some feedback directly to richard@richardsguitars.co.uk I can provide anything that is of value.  Or if people want to post in reply here that is fine too.

Let me know if something is holding you back in any way or a feature is missing.

Changes however will occur until I am happy with things.

Originally Posted by Ape09090:

OK - For example, in response to seeing this post I have done the following...

When you are in the forum section it now shows you a summary of the forum categories and the latest comments.

I am trying to keep things relevant to specific areas so within any forum page this will now appear.

I think that will help you - IE whenever you access any forum this overview will appear.

Does that work for you?

• Ape09090Ape09090 Posts: 2,744Member

Hi Richard and Jocko,

great response guys.

On the old forum on the right hand side there was a list of the last few topics/threads  to have been posted in and there was something similar here until recently too.

For me personally that's what I want to see,where the latest activity has been,I want to be able to access all the latest threads from one place without having to subscribe to threads or chase each one up individually.

I know you can see the latest actual posts in a thread somewhere and that would work better for me if the title of each thread was included as well.

I think there are quite a few folks who like to log on here and see what the latest subjects up for discussion are,I know I do anyway.

Cheers

Ok,I see the latest conversations box there on the right hand side now in the Forum section but I find that to be a little disconnected as you have no reference to what thread that conversation is taking place on.
    If the thread title was included in the Latest Convo's though I think  that would help me at the least.

Thanks again.

I know - its a bummer (technical phrase).  The comments "widget" doesn't show the title of the topic which I find annoying.

But I have now put up what I can - there is "latest topics" under that there is "latest comments"

So the latest comments shows the latest physical comment whereas the latest topics updates in order of which topic was most recently commented on.

Bare in mind however that this is the point of "notifications"

You have the opportunity to receive email notifications in several different ways so look into your notification settings which are designed to keep you automatically updated - which the old forum did not have.

• Ape09090Ape09090 Posts: 2,744Member

So that's under Forum,All Topics now?

I'm just off to look...

Richard,that is exactly what I wanted,perfect,thank you!

I see it's back on the right hand side of the page too,even better,lol.

Phew...

So... how about posting your inspirational guitar hero pic in the gallery in return!