MASSIVE MASSIVE THANK YOU TO LESTER

Richards GuitarsRichards Guitars Posts: 589Member, Administrator
edited March 2017 in Forum Announcements
I could have sent Lester a private message but I want everyone to see this.

A few months ago now, Lester pretty much single handedly brought this forum back from the almost certain oblivion!

You all probably know the story to some degree. A few years ago now I moved the forum to a poor platform and ruined it basically! So... I decided to get it back to the old school style and start again but moving the content was night on impossible due to the complexity of the old forum format. So we ended up with thousands of posts in no particular forum groups. It was a mess and a massive mess - A mess so big I could have never considered doing it myself as I am struggling for time just running the business let alone sort out the mess the forum was in.

Lester took it on himself to not just help but pretty much take on the job entirely.

Without Lesters enormous efforts - and I mean hours and hours and hours of effort - we would not be where we are now.

I really though the forum was dead and buried - but Lester has given the forum new life.

The good news is that the forum seems to be ranking on Google again (which I lost when I moved platform). If you search for UK guitar forum we are right up there again.

So..... thanks so much to Lester. Your selfless efforts are so very much appreciated and I will do everything I can to make sure your hard work was not in vein.

To everyone else - Thank you for your contributions. Without posts the forum isn't a forum!!!! its a blank page.... umm... obviously.... I will stop waffling now.

Comments

• Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 3,139Member
    Thanks Lester !
  • LesterLester Posts: 1,656Member, Moderator
    edited March 2017
    I really was not expecting anyone to have noticed; it really is a glamourless backroom type of job. At least it leaves Richard free to do what he does best.

We started with 18,600 imported posts. With about 6,200 yet to tidy I am 2/3rds of the way through. It takes me approximately 2 hours to work through 100 posts so all in it should be about a 350 hour project that I volunteered for.
  • nicholaspaulnicholaspaul Posts: 930Member
    Three cheers for Lester..

HIP HIP,
  • Mark PMark P Posts: 2,314Member
    My thanks to Lester too.

One hell of a task, but such a very good job and very well done. :smile:
  • Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 3,139Member
    I'd say Lester is the Bass man in the band.

Everyone's rock and felt rather than heard.
  • MegiMegi Posts: 7,153Member
    You're a star Lester - it means a lot to me that the forum is still going, so a huge thank you for making that possible. :)