Not the news I wanted to tell

LesterLester Posts: 1,670Member, Moderator
For those that feel like I am one of their internet friends,

I have been unwell for the last 6 weeks and blood tests now reveal that I have a blood disorder that requires me to spend time in hospital for further investigation and treatment. Naturally, I will be absent from the forum for the forseeable future.

Lester

Comments

• JockoJocko Posts: 7,071Member, Moderator
    So sad to hear Lester. I will pray for you.
  • nicholaspaulnicholaspaul Posts: 953Member
    So sorry to hear Lester but thanks for sharing. Prayers with you and yours.
    Let’s hope for a speedy resolve :)
  • Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 3,170Member
    Keep in touch Lester. The Power of Now is a good book by Eckhart Tolle which has a section on facing illness and is the one I have to hand for when the inevitable hits me.
  • Just TelJust Tel Posts: 512Member
    Sorry to hear Lester. Stay strong and positive.
  • MegiMegi Posts: 7,190Member
    All the very very best Lester, hope to hear from you soon.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Posts: 938Member
    Just returned after a short break to see this. Sorry to hear your news and I send best wishes for your speedy recovery.
    Thoughts still with you Lester, all the best mate :)
  • Derek_RDerek_R Posts: 1,698Member
    All the best, Lester!
  • MarkbluesMarkblues Posts: 112Member
    Get well Lester, wishing you a speedy recovery x
  • LesterLester Posts: 1,670Member, Moderator
    Here I am, 3 months later, back again.

Doctors reckon that my body did not respond to my being ill and so steroids have had to be administered to do the job of repairing painful muscles. I feel as good as new and am now on the long, slow course - until next May - of being weaned off the steroids and hoping my body will bump start the adrenal glands to take over the job of making me well should I fall ill in the future.

That makes it more than 4 months since I have done anything useful. Tomorrow I will set up my drums in our (that's my wife and I) new music room and see whether I remember how to play. Then it will be a guitar.
  • nicholaspaulnicholaspaul Posts: 953Member
    Welcome back, Lester. It’s so good to hear that you’re on the mend and doing so much better. Congrats!
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Posts: 938Member
    So glad to hear you are recovering and I suspect making music will help that journey.

Welcome back.
  • JockoJocko Posts: 7,071Member, Moderator
    Welcome back. My wife had an Adrenal Gland removed two months ago, and has recovered well. She starts Chemo next week.
  • Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 3,170Member
    We don't want you looking like Arnold (steroids) but it's great to hear the news. Brave man.
    Great to have you back Lester - the forum is not the same without you. :)