Calling all Agents !

Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 3,232Member
edited May 2020 in Totally Not Guitars
WARLORD SECRET AGENT Club Comic Fanclub Lord Peter Flint - £35.00 ...

Comments

• Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 3,232Member
    Were any of you guys a secret agent ?
  • Derek_RDerek_R Posts: 1,721Member
    Yes. remember it well!
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Posts: 980Member
    No, I was a Beano boy, and then those pocket size Commando books.
    I do remember Clarks bringing out some shoes with a compass hidden in the heal and animal paw prints on the sole as tread, Wayfinders?
    late 60s early 70s I think, I pestered my parents in the summer hols when being kitted out for school and got lucky with a pair.
  • LesterLester Posts: 1,730Member, Moderator
    I had those Clarks shoes!
  • Derek_RDerek_R Posts: 1,721Member
    I still have one of these, which I'm sure came with Warlord all those years ago.

I'm not sure if that came for Warlord but I remember the plastic aeroplanes that you'd get. Then there was another comic that came out called Battle, which was an altogether more gory version of boy's own stories. That was around the time that Jaws was released and kids loved all the blood 'n guts. I still preferred Warlord and it's top class stories. Lord Peter Flint and his nemesis Herr Gruber. I recall the cardboard medals that you'd collect to stick on a poster.
  • Screaming DaveScreaming Dave Posts: 799Member
    ESBlonde said:

No, I was a Beano boy,

DING!
    You menace !
  • DaveBassDaveBass Posts: 3,328Member
    Not really on topic, but related. I've been reading a lot of books from my boyhood. I'm two-thirds of the way through the Famous Five books, all 21 of them. I'm also reading my way through the Billy Bunter stories, some of which are hilarious! The refreshing thing about these old books is their total lack of political correctness. The Swallows and Amazon books will be next on my list, I think. For a more adult read, again very un-PC, I've been reading John Updike's "Rabbit" series.

The lockdown has given me plenty of time to spend with my Kindle!

Dave